Tips For Success
One of the most common questions that we are asked at definition is, “how do you find time to train and eat properly when I work?” The answer can be summed up in one word: Planning.
Hectic schedules are the norm nowadays. If you fail to put what’s most important to you at the top of your to-do list, it rarely gets done.
If you find that you’re not as successful fitting in the training time or that your diet isn’t where you would like it to be because of a crazy schedule, try the following tips to help you reach your goals:
1. Always go into the gym knowing what body parts, exercises, reps and sets that you will be doing.
Walking around and guessing while you go will do nothing but waste time and yield little results.
Always have a game plan!
2. The gym is a great place to socialize (if you have loads of time, otherwise, maintain your focus on what you’re there to do - get results. Save the catch-up session for another time and place.
3. Don’t waste your time with extended rest periods between reps. Usually, a minute of rest between sets is sufficient as its all about intensity.
4. Superset different body parts moving quickly between reps to not only intensify your workout but to cut your training time dramatically as well.
5. Train with intensity and always challenge yourself. Lifting weight that you find very easy, or strolling and chatting on the treadmill, will produce minimal results. Always remember, significant effort will result in significant gains (and get you to where you want to be faster!)
1. Plan your meals for the week. Set a day aside one day of the week. Make your grocery list for the week and ensure you have everything needed on hand.
2. Cook all of your food in large batches. Cut up veggies for the week, for use in salads, stir-fry’s.
3. Carry your protein with you forr quick convenient and cheap healthy nutritious snacks.
4. Portion and store individual meals in stacking reusable containers. I find the flat square ones work best.(Prepping this in advance saves tons of time, especially when you’re rushing to get out the door in the morning.)
5. Purchase inexpensive shaker cups and portion out your Protein Powder and your pre/post workout supplements such as Gluatamine/CLA etc for the week.
6. Use a vitamin/pill organizer to portion out any vitamins or nutritional supplements.
7. Always have your 1/1.5 L water bottle with you, if it’s out of sight, it’s usually out of mind, which you don’t want to happen. Getting your 4-6L of water/day is essential. This will also come in handy when you want to make up a quick protein shake
8. Check out our recipe ideas that are high in protein and low in carbs. Increase your protein consumption by using Lean Protein. It will help you achieve the firm and toned figure you are looking for.